This position will work with the legal team members around the world and interact with other groups within the company and will be managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matters supported by the legal team. The person in this role will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial in identifying areas of need, creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team and control costs. This position will report to the company's Corporate Secretary.
• Create a long-term strategy, aligning yearly goals and corresponding metrics
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (primarily IT, Finance, HR and Sales)
• Drive departmental efficiency by managing existing tools and as part of the wider automation strategy identifying and implementing legal department technology tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing design, development, rollout, and training for new systems
• Develop and implement process maps for the department’s operations processes, and provide project management, process oversight and reporting to measure results
• Create consistent global processes for onboarding and regular departmental communications
• Drive operational efficiencies by creating playbooks, templates, checklists and internal process guidelines for our team
• Manage the departmental budget including accruals and forecasting to identify potential cost savings and efficiency opportunities
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in operation management, preferably supporting or managing legal operations programs, project, and processes, including in-house
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively both within a growing legal team and cross-functionallyTech savvy and highly skilled in business applications,
comfortable leading the roll out and adoption of new technologies
Ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks.
Manage competing priorities effectively and independently, driving results and delivering on or before deadlines
Highly organized, responsive and proactive, capable of independently managing complex processes
Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse, cross-cultural environments