Hi tech company is hiring a Global Privacy & Compliance Counsel (JB-5056)
Hi tech company is hiring a Global Privacy & Compliance Counsel
• Advises the company on privacy and data protection, building and maintaining global privacy and data protection compliance and governance framework.
• Design, maintain, and monitor the policies and procedures for the business and commercial operations on a global level.
• Monitor and provide guidance on data privacy and other applicable laws and regulations, on a global basis, work with outside counsels, and review and draft privacy policies and related documents, as part of the company’s global compliance.
• Negotiate third party agreements, in various geographies in support of our operations, marketing and business teams
• Manage and maintain a central mapping system to track and ensure compliance for all Company data collection and processing activities
• Work with internal stakeholders, including product team, to promote data privacy and other compliance initiatives
• Prepare and carry out internal training programs covering key issues related to data processing and related activities
• Interface with and coordinate support from outside counsel in furtherance of all data privacy and related compliance programs and activities
• Provide practical, business-oriented legal advice, counsel and recommendations to internal stakeholders on numerous legal and business issues
• Coordinate with other groups in commercial contracting matters to support Company policies and procedures
• At least 10 years of experience as a lawyer including both law firms and as an
in-house legal department in a global technological company;
• Privacy and data protection practical experience (a must);
• At least 5 years of experience in international business law, commercial law and relevant corporate compliance (a must), as well as publicly traded company (being an advantage)
• Experience with compliance tools and systems – an advantage.
• Technology oriented and technical capabilities and understanding of tech environments and systems (advantage to experience in implementing compliance tools)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience producing reports and presentations